The overall rooftop solar PV inspection activity can be divided into two stages:
- visual inspection
- testing of the PV system
Visual inspection is done to:
- verify Installation, interconnection, workmanship, warranty compliance, ratings of equipment, labelling, etc.
- Safety via over-current/ voltage protection devices, residual current devices, surge and lightning protection, disconnectors, earthing and other contingencies.
Testing of the system id done to:
- access performance of PV modules;
- check the functioning and generation parameters and overall output of the inverter. This also results in identifying issues with PV array and strings using inverter values;
- test the safety aspects as per standards and regulatory requirements for continuity, short circuit and open circuit, polarity, earthing, insulation, islanding etc.
The post ID for this chapter is 2984. For any suggestion or comment regarding the content, you may write to us at faqs[dot]solar[at]gmail[dot]com. Please quote the post ID in the subject, for better assistance.