Purpose of inspection of a Rooftop solar PV system could be:
- Inspection by the Quality assurance department teams of various installer companies for internal assessment and reporting;
- Installation verification and commissioning of a rooftop PV system by statutory bodies such as the Electrical Inspector, Electricity Distribution Companies, State Nodal Agency, aligned to the regulatory and policy aspects, guidelines, compliance and financial assistance.
- Inspection by Lender/Bank in case of the loan;
- Verification of the quality of installation during a warranty claim.
Some major aspects covered during a visual inspection are:
- Documentation inspection;
- inspection of the PV arrays, mounting structure, cabling and workmanship;
- inspection of DC cabling to the inverter;
- inspection of the inverter and DC/AC Junction boxes, including location and connections;
- inspection of the safety system and labelling, including lightning and overvoltage protection;
- inspection of interconnection points, earthing, roof bearing capacity etc.
The post ID for this chapter is 3008. For any suggestion or comment regarding the content, you may write to us at faqs[dot]solar[at]gmail[dot]com. Please quote the post ID in the subject, for better assistance.