How will I account the excess units generated by my solar system?

You will receive a net import-export bill on a monthly the basis from BRPL, which would indicate the number of units consumed from the grid and generated by the panels.

  • In case the bill indicates a net import, you are to settle the bills as you would normally.
  • If during any billing period, the export of units exceeds the import of units consumed, such surplus units injected by the consumer shall be carried forward to the next billing
    period as energy credit and shown as energy exported by the consumer for adjustment against the energy consumed in subsequent billing periods within the settlement period.

You can know more by downloading the guidelines under the DERC net metering regulation by clicking here.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.